The year of the Teacher

Experiences teaching for a year in South Korea. Traveling the country and taking pictures everywhere.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Oh Buffalo...

I finally can say I'm back to a point where I can run with ease; but logging more weekly miles than I have fingers and toes has brought a little soreness in the morning, so I've been reading into how to keep injury-free while training. Runner's World has been a great source of information. When looking up worldwide "on the road" running destinations, Buffalo came up as one of the cities recommended to run in. I had to laugh; Buffalo was where I spent a good majority of my latter teen life, training for rowing. I ran many of the routes which were mentioned in the article. Many many many times. 17 years old, running to Lake Erie Basin Marina's lighthouse, back through LaSalle Park, trying to sneak a peek at the lastest Ani DiFranco concert being set up; having to run in groups due to the scary people lurking around LaSalle......

So:

Worldwide running destination: Buffalo (complete)

77 more to go...