The year of the Teacher

Experiences teaching for a year in South Korea. Traveling the country and taking pictures everywhere.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Books

Tagged by Clara:

Q: You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
Does that mean a book I would burn? If that's the case, I would bring The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx. Reading a Newfoundland accent is harder to understand than listening to it.

Q: Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
I was 10. His name was Gilbert....... I fell for Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables.

Q: The last book you bought is:
Trans Siberian Handbook by Bryn Thomas. Not a novel, but it's thick like one.

Q: The last book you read:
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides (now like to see how Sofia Coppola did the movie). And Skinny by Ibi Kaslik

Q: What are you currently reading?
Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood. Makes me feel like I'm at home.

Q: Five books you would take to a desert island.
Now, is it a desert island so that no one can see what I'm reading - or is it so they are the longest books I can find to occupy the time? Hmmm.....
1)Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood - I could read that book over and over
2)Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - an excellent 'lost in a book' book
3)The Lord of the Rings - I've never read it - probably should
4)Little Girls in Pretty Boxes by Joan Ryan
5)The Meaning of Wife by Anne Kingston

Q: Who are you going to pass this stick to and why?
Clara, you're the only person I know who has a blog - Wait, unless Matt wants to - I'm sure he's read more books that I ever will.