The year of the Teacher

Experiences teaching for a year in South Korea. Traveling the country and taking pictures everywhere.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Laptop

Problems arose with my laptop lately. The piece in the computer that connects to the power supply became loose. It was working on and off for awhile; but since last weekend, I'd been offically without a computer (which, by the way, made me very productive).

Even though it was under warranty, I didn't bring the all-important receipt to Korea to prove that.

So Craig and I took it to Yongsan this morning (electronics part of Seoul) to see if someone could fix it for a decent price. Without English, we managed to find someone to look at it. They had to replace it with a new piece - with the price coming to....1,760W (a whopping $1.75). The labour in Canada alone would have cost me $50.

So there's my lesson to be learned. If I ever start complaining about Korea, I will think about the $1.75 which gave me access to 4 more months of emails, eat my dolsot bibimbap and hold my tongue.