The year of the Teacher

Experiences teaching for a year in South Korea. Traveling the country and taking pictures everywhere.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Kimbap

I've found my new favourite food here in Korea:

Kimbap

It's usually radish, egg, carrot, cucumber and crab rolled in rice, then seaweed. Kind of like sushi....only if you call it sushi here Korean's will be offended. There's a love/hate relationship here with Japan. You can get tuna kimbap, or kimchee kimbap (kimchee is aged spicy cabbage...popular here). I would say 80% of my meals here are Korean. There's a lot of Americanized restaurants here, but I'm staying away from those.

Tomorrow, Craig and I will be going to Osaka, Japan to get our working VISAs. I'm a little nervous....it's a little tricky to find the embassey. A lot of traveling by bus, plane and train. But at least we get a day off work.