The year of the Teacher

Experiences teaching for a year in South Korea. Traveling the country and taking pictures everywhere.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

COEX Mall


COEX Mall Posted by Hello(click to enlarge)

Today Craig and I took the
subway to the opposite side of Seoul and went to the COEX mall. It's pretty big ... I don't think we saw it all. The clothes are pretty cheap .... however, I am officially "LARGE" here in Korea. Oh well ... I will never be a Korean size 2, nor aim to be.

They have the typical American fast food/restaurant chains there. KFC, Pizza Hut, T.G.I.Friday's, Dunkin' Donuts ... they also have typical Korean cuisine (some things I wouldn't touch, aka octopus cuisine)
. I found the McDonald's interesting; they had a MSN Zone, where, after eating, you can go to a computer and chat online. You'd never see that at home. Oh ... sometimes Koreans are so smart. Haha.

On the subway ride home, we met a Korean photographer, who had lived between Toronto and Vancouver for the last 18 years. He was back in Korea on business. We told him we were from Canada and he gave us his opinion of Canada vs. Korea. He described Korea as "hell, but fun", and Canada as "paradise, but not fun". Hmmm...gives me something to think about for the rest of my stay here....