The year of the Teacher

Experiences teaching for a year in South Korea. Traveling the country and taking pictures everywhere.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Happy Halloween!


UPenn Posted by Hello(click to enlarge)

Thursday & Friday came and went, and I'm one exhausted girl.

On Friday morning, all the kinergartens dressed up and they watched Jack-O-Lanterns being made, made mummies out of toilet paper, played all the games, and went trick or treating at nearby parent's house, who agreed to give out candy when the kids came. They all enjoyed the games and I loved all the costumes. I don't know where they got them, considering Halloween isn't usually celebrated in Korea and the stores don't have many costumes.

On Thursday and Friday afternoon, the elementary kids brought their friends and went through the games such as Haunted House, Mystery Basket, Ring Toss, Face Painting, Bobbing for Munchkins (Dunkin' Donuts name for Timbits - oh how I miss Tim Hortons), etc etc. 9 hours is a long face to be painting faces. Over 500 faces and hands became decorated with my bats, ghosts, flowers, moons, pumpkins and cats. I think I've developed a wrist and shoulder injury from painting all the faces. Do you think I qualify for workman's compensation?

I took pictures of the Kindergarten's Halloween.
Enjoy!