The year of the Teacher

Experiences teaching for a year in South Korea. Traveling the country and taking pictures everywhere.

Friday, October 22, 2004

Paju


Paju Children's Book Festival Posted by Hello(click to enlarge)

Yesterday, we took the kindergartens to Paju, where most Korean children's books are published. Once a year, Paju has a week long book festival. They have tours of the different book stores and put on an hour long drama for the kids. Very entertaining. See more pictures
here.

Matt's replacement, Dave, arrived yesterday. He's from Arizona (AZ... or EhZed in Canada, right??) and is a pretty cool guy. He's a good addition to the foreign staff.

I've developed yet another cold. But, I'm surprisingly in good spirits. Maybe that's because of the secret ingredient in the Korean cold medication I've been taking ... stuff you would need a prescription for in Canada, you can buy for $2 at the local drugstore here. It's pretty powerful stuff, and I'm sure it's not good for me.

Completely unrelated to Korea, but the community health major in me is very interested in this new
banning of junk food law in Ontario schools. Mom, keep me posted!