The year of the Teacher

Experiences teaching for a year in South Korea. Traveling the country and taking pictures everywhere.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Time

Daniel in my UPenn kindergarden class has had an obsession with time and clocks for as long as I've been here. Everytime we bring out our workbooks he'll always be drawing clocks or writing down, "10:15, 10:16, 10:17" at the top of every page. At first I thought he was just a boy who loved clocks or just learned how to tell time at home. But this past week his obsession has grown. One class I had them all draw simple objects such as lunch, dinner, etc, and all Daniel drew were clocks. And not just with regular numbers. He drew the numbers how they would look digitalized. And yesterday we found out that when you ask Daniel what time it is, he knows exactly what time it is.....without a watch or a clock nearby. The boy literally has an internal clock. I don't know if this means he's boy genius, or this is just plain weird.