The year of the Teacher

Experiences teaching for a year in South Korea. Traveling the country and taking pictures everywhere.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Fall Colours


Gyeongbokgung, Seoul Posted by Hello(click to enlarge)

The fall colours are here. It's very rare to see a grouping of trees here in the city, but when you do find them, the colours are beautiful; especially with the mountains in the background (how I love mountains). The weather in October was beautiful.
Lonely Planet says that autumn is the the best time to come to Korea, and I'd have to agree. The weather's not too hot or cold and for the whole month of October, it didn't rain once. Actually, I think it was sunny almost everyday. Now that November is here, the leaves are falling off the trees, and the coats are now needed, but there's that crispiness in the air that reminds me of Thanksgiving weekend back in Niagara. The only thing missing is the hot apple cider and homemade oatmeal cookies.

Here's another little tidbit I didn't know: Korea doesn't turn back their clocks. So, now I'm 14 hours ahead of Toronto time. Korea's always full of surprises.